Old 12-12-05, 10:37 PM
Monument Man

Bikes: Seven Cycles Odonata

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What Trainer to buy?

Hi, Up here in Massachusetts it's getting kind of cold and icy and snowy, and I've been off the bike for a while. I'm looking to buy a trainer so that I can get some indoor rides and keep up a high level of fitness. I used to commute 40 miles per day, but I got a new job, working from home, so the commute has gone down to 0. And I just don't like riding when it's below freezing. I've got all the gear for winter rides, but I'd like to try a trainer.

So which models, let's say under $200 would work well for a guy 6'1" and 180? Or, more simple, is a trainer under $200 going to be acceptable?

I found the following model at Performance for $150 on sale from 229 or so. (click here ). My buddy has a Kurt Kinetic which is around $270. I'd like to say that I'd use it around 3x per week, doing roughly 20 miles per "ride", or approx 1 hour, for a few months during the winter.

I'm sure that this has been asked a million times....but...(oh and yes I did try to search) sorry I just had to ask. click here