Old 11-16-16, 09:38 AM
e30jean

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan333SP
I mean, I know my carbon bike flexes a bit while on the trainer around the BB junction, because I can see it. But I don't hear anything from that flex.

If I could hear creaking noises as the carbon flexed, I'd probably stick to using my aluminum bike in the trainer. What type of frame are you riding?
Fuji SST 2.1 , which has a pretty massive BB section and was/is one of the stiffest frames for climbing :/
http://www.fujibikes.com/global/bike/details/sst-21

Aluminum one is Fuji Roubaix, does not flex like the CF does on the trainer.

I've been reading more about this, it seems that the reason is when you have a trainer that locks the rear section of the bike (or the bike overall) and does NOT let it sway left/right, it's instead putting the flex on the bike frame and it tries to twist it on the horizontal axis between the Front mounting point (your front wheel) and the rear section that's fixed on the trainer. Vs, when you are out on the trail/road or Rollers where the bike frame does not suffer from the same twisting as the bike is able to sway/lean left/right as needed.

I am learning to use the rollers more, and wife is using the Roubaix on the trainer until we get a different trainer that lets the bike rock/move left/right.

Last edited by e30jean; 11-16-16 at 09:43 AM.