View Single Post
Old 11-19-16, 09:04 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 891 Posts
Took the Trucker DeLuxe out on the Minuteman before dinner, the overcast sky making for a dark night with a bruised band of purple light on the horizon at Arlington's Great Meadow. As the ride progressed, I began to see occasional little meteors shoot through my headlights' beams, which I took to be some sort of precipitation. These became more numerous, and resolved themselves into a very fine mist or drizzle, Eastern Massachusetts running its Seattle weather emulator. The little helicopters that the beams sometimes picked out, on the other hand, were members of the vanguard of this year's winter moth invasion; didn't eat any.

There were very few other trail users out tonight, but behind this oncoming headlight stood the driver of an elliptical tricycle, who seemed to be having lots of healthy fun in the dark.

After I locked up the Trucker DeLuxe, I measured the Rat Trap Pass EL tires again to see if they had stretched. At 51.57mm, I think they haven't stretched appreciably since I mounted them, 730 miles back. This was my first time in about 6 weeks on this bike, and the pleasures of tonight's ride made me wonder why that was. It'll sleep through Winter in the basement, road salt and S and S couplers aren't a wise combination. I'll have to look for ways to do it justice between now and the first snow.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 11-20-16 at 07:59 AM.