Old 11-20-16, 08:15 PM
forestcall

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update: I ended up buying from a bike store near my home town in California. mikesbikes.com

I purchased the "Sequoia" for $1269 + tax

Then I hired an errand company to go to the bike shop and sign a paper and fill out some form that the bike shop uses to proof to Specialized that all their bikes were physically sold in the stores.

Now the bike shop is changing several items on the bike to be able to climb ultra steep wet roads of Japan cedar forests. Changing out the cassette and a few other things. Actually I am still working that out with the mechanic.
Since I only know about MTB I am just asking the mechanic to help me swap out any part that will make it easier to climb and go down hill on these nasty steep roads. Japan countryside is filled with tiny little asphalt roads that interconnect rice and farm land. Most roads are wide enough for a small truck which makes the roads feel like single track but asphalt. Really trippy and fun but also if you have the wrong bike it can be a death trap.

I'm still working on the shipping from USA to Japan plus the import fees :-( Damn this bike will cost over $2500 when all done.

Last edited by forestcall; 11-20-16 at 10:10 PM.