View Single Post
Old 11-21-16, 07:01 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3065 Post(s)
Liked 1,227 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by GrooveRite
I have a 2010 Specialized Rockhopper Expert (26") with Kenda 2" wide slicks and I think I've hit my peak performance with it. I'm currently really considering a Giant Fastroad Comax1! Only thing thats bothering me is whether I should go with a dropbar or flatbar....those windy NYC days can zap the energy/life out of you and your ride, lol! My question to you is....

.....do you feel like you can peddle more efficiently on your Comax1 on super windy days than your older bike?....or would a dropbar bike like the Specialized Diverge or Giant Anyroad be better for that??..............or is just really all about the motor and not the bike??

I don't think I ever leisurely ride. I ride with unabandoned effort.....most of the time!

Oh and 13-14mph average on my daily and mostly flat ride.
More the motor than bike in my opinion.

I spent some time riding with a group this summer every Tuesday. I was the only one with a flat bar bike and I had no problem keeping up with them. Our average ride speed was 18.5 mph. Probably would be higher but we have to ride a few miles to get out of town. Many times looking down on the speedometer we had consistent speeds of 23-25 mph and as high as 33 mph a few times.