10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Originally Posted by Cutawooda
I've over-stayed my welcome on this subject with my immediate friends, family and fellow rider, but I'm still not satisfied with the answer because frankly, ...I haven't been given and answer. The question is: why would you ride a bike on the road in the daylight without at least having a rear flashing tail light? For the record, I have front and back lights. I want to live.
Recently went to DALLAS to ride a group ride and I was shocked and disappointed how few had rear lights. Out of 50 cyclists only about 5 of us were lit.
Even in my group of friends riding, who know how adamant I am about cyclists being lit up, refuse to use them.
My speech is that most drivers DONT want to hit you and want to avoid that kind of tragedy as much as the cyclist, so why not help the driver out as much as you can with a $5.00 light.
So I wanna ask you guys. What is the stigma of using lights on your bike?. Is it that uncool to put a light on? Frankly, I think it's just plain pride that governs their decision, but maybe you can tell me a legit reason that I'm an aware of.
Thanks in advance
No Lights means you are in The So Cool Group.