Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1174 Post(s)
Liked 935 Times in 618 Posts
Originally Posted by alanwj1
Greetings all! Alan Jarret here.

I started building back in 1999 on my first Tour Easy Clone. Having seen a video of Ed Gin's fairing for a SWB, I determined to make one for my LWB. Coroplast was available and one thing led to another.

After about 25 fairings between 1999 and 2004, I completed an HPV for the event at Cooper City, Florida. This was the second and while it was an improvement over the first (as each one of the 25 were) there will still some short comings in design. It had more to do with the bike than the fairing, or both.

At any rate I was completely caught up in homebuilding and continued until 2009 when lifestyle changes occurred. Currently we are retired in Ecuador where recumbents don't yet exist. My intentions are to build one next year as space and equipment are the challenges.

In this mountainous country at 10,000 ft. above sea level, a Bacchetta dual 26" wheel style will likely be more in line with riding conditions and preference, traffic, lack of bike lanes on highways and visibility. None the less for personal riding the TE Clone is still a preference and one I am most familiar with from a homebuilding point of view.

I look forward to perusing this forum, meeting other members and exchanging experiences and stories about our love of recumbents!

Alan DIY Recumbent Project | Discover the tips and tricks to build or buy your own recumbent bike!
Welcome to BF. You might find some like minded people here:

Recumbent - Bike Forums

FYI: http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html