View Single Post
Old 11-29-16, 10:52 PM
adventurepdx

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by ollo_ollo
This 3 speed has been hanging out on the Portland, OR CL for a few months, asking $300:

"OK first things first..this Bicycle looks like it just came off the showroom floor! This made in Norway DBS or (Den Beste Sykkel) translated The Best Bicycle... all original down the the tires and equipped with a Torpedo Sachs made in west germany 3 speed... DBS is in excellent condition and rides beautifully. It has dual brakes... coaster brake and Front Drum brake. Front and rear lights are generator activated and work great. Standover height is 30.5 inches. Thanks for looking Mark Local Pick up only"
Yeah, that bike has been there for awhile, and for that price, will be there for awhile! From what I've read, the DBS bikes (or Norwegian bikes from this era) were below what you'd find in the UK, France, Germany, Austria, or Italy. It is interesting that it has a front drum brake. My roommate has a women's version of this same bike in the basement which needs work. I think they used 650B tires. Also note the one piece crank.