Thread: Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 12-01-16, 01:06 PM
Tombaatar

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Sequoia, 99 Gary Fisher Aquila, 88 Diamondback Apex, 89 Trek 400, 85 Specialized Rock Hopper, 86 Peugeot Triathlon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Ty0604
Yeah, you should. If I startle someone like you when passing that's your fault for not being aware of your surroundings. Where I live it's illegal not to have a mirror if riding on bike paths. Those without mirrors are restricted to the sidewalks.

Common courtesy is a matter of opinion actually. Some people tip, some don't. Some people hold the door open, some don't. Couldn't careless who does what.

Where I live it is illegal to ride on sidewalks in the city and pretty much only self centered a**holes don't tip.

etiquette

1. (Sociology) the customs or rules governing behaviour regarded as correct or acceptable in social or official life
2. (Sociology) a conventional but unwritten code of practice followed by members of any of certain professions or groups

So actually it is not a matter of opinion. If you fail to follow common courtesy you are intentionally being self centered because as you say you "couldn't care less".