Old 12-07-16, 12:13 PM
thrillhouse1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rideandgoseek
+1

I'd do a thorough detailing and replace all consumables and that bike will look and ride fantastic.

IMO less is more. Personally love a bike as original as possible. Look for the original brake levers (pedals/toe clips, and saddle as well if you wanna go all the way, although you probably won't get much return for your money on those parts) and I'd leave the paint and decals alone. They tell a story of sorts. If the paint issues really bother you go with Oddjob and just use nail polish.

As it sits right now, in Denver where I'm located, that bike would bring $200. With replaced consumables and sold in the spring you'd be much closer to the $400 Oddjob mentioned earlier.

Cool bike. Love me a good B-stone
I agree with the "less-is-more" mentality. Aside from cleaning and polishing, I'm not inclined to do much sanding or painting; I'm a fan of a more weathered look, especially if I'm riding it daily. Plus, I'm in Southern California, so rust isn't a big concern here. What's the rationale behind using nail polish over spray paint if one were to touch -up?