View Single Post
Old 12-11-16, 08:58 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5800 Post(s)
Liked 2,618 Times in 1,453 Posts
It's impossible to know what's in the cyclist's mind, but whatever, "inconsiderate" may be a a bit strong.

Like 90% of what people get worked up over on the roads, it's more of a "no harm, no foul" sort of thing.

IMO if folks gave less thought to what others do and focus on what they do instead to make roads safer or more efficient for everybody, then we'd all be happier on them.

It may be regional, or maybe after 50 years riding on all kinds of roads, but I find very little to get worked up over when riding. Likewise, I hear few negative comments about bikes from drivers.

If anything, the chief complaint may come from fear. Drivers find that bikes are very erratic, and they're deathly afraid of hitting one. BTW - I learned to drive from a truck trailer operator, he felt the same way about Volkswagon Bugs.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.