Old 12-11-16, 10:56 PM
shipwreck

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by robow
Neat thread, it's interesting to see everyone's creativity as bound by the defined frugality.

And btw, "Shipwreck" would absolutely kick booty in this challenge if he would so desire to enter.
It just looked a bit as though it was going to degenerate quickly into another distracting accordion player heavy insult thread. There are some nice solid looking bikes so far though. Love that 830 trek of Binkys.

The Centurion/Diamondback frame has been back burnered, just decided to keep it as a "spare frame".

I may still throw in, but it wont actually be that impressive because I did that "as found on craigslist" thing with a pretty nice Jamis Aurora. Originally bought it for the brifters and wheels, but it turns out the 59cm frame fits really well. Doing a full teardown and re greasing. Got to get used the those newfangled brifters and super wide modern handlebar. Planning on a weekend Christmas tour, so I may have a completed entry well before spring! Looks like I will have about 200 dollars into it, so this will actually be one of my more expensive bikes Now that the student loans are gone I am trying to get used to actually being ablt to spend money on stuff I want