Old 12-12-16, 07:13 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
FAQ indicates the shifter cable set includes coiled housings, not compressionless, so it may not work well with some indexed shifters.

OTOH, I just received a new set of Shimano RevoShift SIS twisty grip shifters with cable (feels like galvanized) and housing, costing less than $10. The cable housing is labled Shimano SIS but it's thin, lightweight coiled cable, greased inside, not compressionless. Probably not a big deal for the entry level cruisers and comfort hybrids that typically use 7 speed Shimano RevoShift twisters. Especially for the short cable housing runs included in the kit. It'll be a good backup for my existing RevoShift bike, or to fix up an orphan or pound puppy bike.

My Globe Carmel comfort hybrid came with the appropriate Jagwire housings for the RevoShift shifters and Tekro V-brakes. Since these are long runs of cable housing threaded through the frame I plan to keep 'em for as long as possible and just replace the cables as needed.

Sunrace SLM10 friction shifter kits come with the same coiled cable housing and galvanized cable. Good enough for $8-$10 and fixing up many entry level bikes.

Last edited by canklecat; 12-14-16 at 01:16 AM. Reason: added info