non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 280 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2198 Post(s)
Liked 4,605 Times in 1,765 Posts
Santa lives in Thunder Bay

Or at least one would be inclined to think so, judging by the box that arrived at the office this morning:

Exactly two months ago it had been dropped off at the post office by @randyjawa, containing the cute Mercier Mixte that I'd spotted in the sales forum. I had fallen in love with it and had somehow managed to think up a rationalization for buying it and having it shipped back to Europe.

Anyway, it came packed as can be expected from the man who taught many of us How To Ship & Pack A Bicycle:

Unboxing a bike is a great way to entertain a cat:

Also a great way to keep up with the news elsewhere in the world:

After a quick once-over with a damp cloth and some light assembly it now looks like this:

It is in terrific condition. "NOS with minor shop wear" would not be too bad a description. The size is perfect for mrs non-fixie, and when she first saw it (she arrived home right after I'd taken this picture) she said she liked it, so that's a good sign.

I'll be spending the holiday period mulling over the actual build, as I can see the Retroronde van Vlaanderen and Eroica Limburg in its future if I get it right. Minor upgrades probably, at least visually; I'd like to stay close the the original. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, Randy! I'm really happy with it.