Old 12-14-16, 05:39 PM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 280 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2198 Post(s)
Liked 4,602 Times in 1,764 Posts
Thanks all, for the kind words. They really help in justifying the investment. And of course I shall post images of the bike when ready.

Originally Posted by artclone
Very nice!
Do you want a standard version? I have to clear space. Needs work and is far from NOS:
Pick up free or yours for shipping.
Thank you for the very kind offer! But as you may have seen in some of the pics above I have a bit of a space challenge of my own. That is my living room. More importantly, I already have my own high-ten Mercier. This is the European version of what would have been a 100 or 200 on your side of the pond.

Originally Posted by T-Mar
Hmm, dual chainrings and a mutli-speed freewhell but no derailleurs. I think Randy shortchanged you.

Seriously though, why was it two months in transit? That's an incredibly long time, even for overseas. Did Randy ship it via DSS?
Ha, let me put the record straight, just in case anyone might actually wonder: I got exactly what was advertised in the original sales thread. I assembled it just enough to check if my guesstimate of the bike's measurements was correct and to be able to show something that actually looks like a bike to its new owner. (She doesn't get as excited over a bare frame as I do )

The bike came with Canada Post. The two months lead time was a result of groupage challenges along the route, I imagine. Anyway, I knew beforehand it was going to take that long to get here, and it's not like I don't have a bike, so that wasn't a problem at all.