Old 12-17-16, 09:48 PM
a1penguin

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
I purchased a Metro 500 when I started my new job which put me on roads with dedicated bike lane but plenty of cross streets and driveways for 10 of the 22 miles. I really wanted a daytime light for the morning ride when the sun isn't quite up. The metro flashing mode is awesome. I had ridden a lot of this route as part of my weekend rides and I really noticed that cars decide to wait for me and give me plenty of room. The flashing mode is nice; the flash rate is about 1.5/s which is not fast enough to be a problem. Given how people react to it, I will probably always use a daytime light and I think this one is sufficient to be noticeable in full daylight. I waited for a good price on Amazon which was $55. I'm very happy with it so far. I would not recommend a less bright light for daytime visibility.

It has other modes, so it is good for night time riding. Blinking lights at night are terrible for the rider. I have a 900 lumen flashlight as primary night light, but this makes a great backup when I decide to ride the 22 miles home from work and take a detour for a nice ride.

I haven't had it long enough to comment on long term durability. So far, no problems. There are other brands of lights out there with similar features. This one has the mini USB (not micro) port for charging.