View Single Post
Old 12-18-16, 05:41 AM
Mri G.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Las Vegas to Canada

Hey everyone! So in March 2017 my partner and I are planning on cycling from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon, then to Bryce and over to the Garden of Gods, Colorado where we'll then meet up with the Great Divide route to carry on to Canada. However, we're completely new to the cycling scene and I can barely ride a bike on my own so we'll be going on a tandem.

We've already bought the bike, which is a Dawes Double Edge and are working on kitting it out to do some test runs before the trip. However, due to our work schedules we're probably not going to be able to do nearly as many as I would like before we set off.

So the question is, does anyone know of any cycle trails along our route (rough idea provided in image) that would be okay on a tandem? My partner is a much better cyclist than I am so it doesn't have to be trails only okay for newbies either, especially since we'll probably get a lot better the further north we go due to experience (hopefully anyway ).

Also, any awesome attractions or free campsites that you know of? And do we need to carry bear canisters since we'll be camping out nearly every night? Are there any other laws that we should be aware of?

Cheers and thanks in advance!
Attached Images