Old 12-18-16, 08:06 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Here is the latest patient

This is a throwback in a 5 or 6 month long saga --- i found a IM Miami Vice at a good price in size 60c -- good enough to flip, part out or whatever ($100 IIRC ) ---
My best buddy, who lives a state away, was riding a 58c IM, but when i saw a pic of his seatpost and stem extension, i thought --- "We need to fix this"

--- The guy is an absolute hammerhead no matter what he does and is a natural athlete, although he didnt discover this about himself until his late 30's
The MV was pretty pristine and i told him i would bring it into this century with some careful selections from my parts stash , so some lighter wheels, modern cockpit and brifter components and we are in business

long story short -- he loves the bike - i am glad, he was talking to me on the phone and stating how a co worker was selling this bike( the red 58) and i told him "buy with confidence!" - he's 6'1ish and i figured a 58 would be spot on -- i was slightly wrong - LOL

The only payment i told him i would accept ------ the 58c too small IM as i was going to part out the 60 anyway

6 months later and i finally took delivery of the trade bait - the darn thing is in good shape too save for some normal wear and tear

HEres the Miami Vice that was at the root of this tomfoolery in the toolshed

This is the before pic of the MV - (although these pics have been shared in the thread before - i figured id include to give some perspective on the trade)

I genuinely enjoy helping a friend break into the sport with a good machine --- my bud is not penniless, but with 3 kids and a mortgage, - anything i can do to keep a guy going i will try ----- maybe the dude gets truly fast and decides he needs a carbon cannondale or specialized one day, who knows -- but from the ride reports, i doubt he will ever get rid of this Miami Vice

---- and since i am a 53, means i have this thing to do something with ---- oh the horror

Last edited by DMC707; 12-18-16 at 08:12 PM.