Old 12-23-16, 06:41 PM
Kindaslow

Bikes: SWorks Stumpy, Haibike Xduro RX, Crave SS

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FrozenK
No, you want. If you abuse it, yes you may break stuff. If you use it? No. There is nothing wrong with used mountainbikes. Regardless of what some people around here may claim mountainbikes do not have a service life of a year.

You can try to hide your bad advice behind the old coot act, but at the end of the day it is still bad advice.
In two years of riding my old mtb, including black diamond trails at Whistler and several hundreds of hours of true trail riding, the only things that wore out were the wheel bearings. I constantly ride in rain and mud, and I am not the best about preventative or other types of maintainance (I would rather let something wear out than spend countless hours cleaning). My new bike is at 100-200 hours of riding, and nothing has worn out or broken.

So, I am with you. Mountain bikes don't wear out so easily. And, it takes real abuse to get them into bad shape, if they started out as high quality bikes.

And, the guy who bought my old bike sent me pictures from Moab, saying how great of bike it is.