View Single Post
Old 12-30-16, 12:31 AM
Powerlifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeyseven

Would also check out some hybrids.More upright riding postion vs A mountain/urban bike.

I like the Urban type bikes for riding around town and some offroad.Kind of A relax geometry all around type bike.
Some have A triple ring up front or single chainring.
Like the Giant ATX Lite,Raleigh Redux and the Cdale BAD BOY and A few others.
Next week I'll hit the bike store that has more options than REI and try out whatever hybrid and mountain bikes they have. If any of the Cannondales seem to be a good fit I'll see if I can order them from REI. I don't think REI carries Guant or Raleigh. I think they had the Bad Boy but it's quite pricey.

Until/if I'm ever as hard core as you guys I don't wanna spend a ton. Well even the $500 - $650 range seems like a lot of money to me , plus will be getting the U lock and cable lock, maybe the lockable spindlers or whatever they're called for front wheel, water bottle holder etc money adds up! I forget what the mountain bike was I bought in my early 20s but it was pricey back then and really nice. I barely used it despite my intentions and enthusiasm and 10 years later gaff it to a friend who needed a bike to ride with his kid...and I literally sold a Specialized mountain bike like 6 months ago because it was hanging in my garage for 5 years and I rode it only 2-3 times. So I don't wanna go bonkers plus I am on a fixed disability income. I do think this time I'm actually gonna make a serous effort to ride regularly. Body is too banged up for MMA right now, and lifting has been minimized due to injuries past few months. Plus I have borderline high blood pressure.

Will definitely check out both mountain bikes and hybrids then see what REI offers or will offer this spring as new models come in. But that cannondale Trail is on sale so if it works out seems like it would be a good deal.