View Single Post
Old 12-30-16, 11:03 AM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 342 Posts
I don't ride outside much. This is why. A friend of mine posted this earlier...

I was on my bike Wednesday Morning on a country road when I was struck from behind by a truck. Driver did not stop or even slow down. I landed in a road side ditch the phone in my Jersey was smashed I could not call for help dragged body not knowing the extent of the injuries just that it was my back that damaged and did not what to try to stand so I dragged my body out of ditch into the road waited until car saw me fortunately one did driver dialed 911 and ambulance took me to ____________ Hospital in __________ where I have been for Three days.

After several full body scans they found the hit fractured vertebrae (T12) spinal cord does not appear damaged or do I have symptoms so far. Hopefully it will heal and stay in position and eliminate need for surgery. I have a lot of back pain but no signs of neurological damage my organs appear undamaged just some abrasions. Doctors fitted me will full back brace that I must wear for six weeks and that I can go home today. Doctors will monitor the progress with with multiple X-ray over the next 6 weeks to confirm fracture doesn't compress more or I will require future surgery.