Thread: Warmest gloves
View Single Post
Old 12-31-16, 11:34 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4880 Post(s)
Liked 4,043 Times in 2,621 Posts
Originally Posted by GrooveRite
I've been looking at 45nrth stuff (thanks to your guys here on this site!) and trying to see who sells it around me and holy moly its very expensive!! You would think I'm going to the arctic for an expedition with those prices, loL! I'm sure its good stuff but very rich for my blood!
Haven't tried their gloves, but their boots are excellent. I (wisely) got their medium warm Fasterkatt boots for Portland, OR. Quite comfy into the 20s plus very good in the wet and going indoors and out. I did make booties for them to keep air and water out of the tops. (I have long, skinny legs so finding long enough tights has always been an issue.) Only compromise for riding (for me) is the two bolt SPD pattern. (I do far better with no-float cleats and options are slim for two bolt cleats.) But for rideable, walkable and comfortable (for 7 hours of riding in low 40s rain), a very good bet. I believe the warmer boots are rated ~15F colder. (I don't remember now and I am very glad I passed on them but I would fully believe whatever 45North rates them for. For reference, I am a skinny and cold footed and handed. For my entire life and getting worse in my 60s.)

Ben