Thread: Birdy thread
View Single Post
Old 01-01-17, 11:56 AM
yangmusa

Bikes: Brompton H6, Schwinn Mirada, Cruzbike Sofrider. Used to own: ICE B1, 2 F-frame Moultons, Koga Myata Elevation 5000 mtb, Challenge Hurricane, Riese & Mueller Birdy Silver, Actionbent Tidalwave 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Monumentale
Compression & rebound are important to me too, but lockout feature isn't a great complication to producer that will help a lot pedaling in long trip on flat streets. I'm I wrong?
I agree with Yan - I want suspension, all the time. The design of the Birdy suspension is good, there's minimal bob when riding along even with fairly high effort. Ride quality is similar to my wife's Moulton TSR.

The only scenario where I could see lockout being useful is if you like to stand and hammer a lot - any suspension bike will bob in that scenario because your whole body weight is bouncing up and down. I guess standing vs. sitting is a matter of personal preference, but if you look at professional racers they tend to sit most of the time (except for sprints) so standing is clearly not needed for performance.