View Single Post
Old 01-01-17, 03:10 PM
cbrstar
BMX Connoisseur

Bikes: 1988 Kuwahara Newport, 1983 Nishiki, 1984 Diamond Back Viper, 1991 Dyno Compe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by xsboost90
i had a huffy freestyle that i painted up and dropped a bunch of GT parts on- looked like a Mach1 i think. Rode that awhile and talked my parents into buying me a new Robinson SST. Swapped a bunch of parts out on that and started racing up at Joyce park in Hamilton Ohio. I wasnt too bad but some of the guys were animals out there. After i bought my first car the bike stuff slowed and when i moved into my first apartment i sold my Robinson to my boss for his kid to ride. I didnt see the bike or think about it until after i was married, had a house and my first daughter. My old boss called and wanted to know if i would like to buy it back! Turns out his son didnt ride much and the bike had been sitting prob. ten years in his room like a display. I got it back and cleaned it alittle but it was just like it had been when i sold it! Its been hanging in my garage at my new house for three years, i'll ride it alittle here and there but next weekend its going to be in a vintage BMX display down town so ive been cleaning, repacking bearings, bought some new tires etc to get it looking nice. Love this old bike, i think when my kids get big enough we'll be visiting the bike tracks down the road to do some practicing.
That's awesome you were able to get your childhood bike back! Many guy's can't or they spend a small fortune trying to replicate it. And it' a sweet looking Robinson!