Old 01-02-17, 07:32 PM
sexy cyclist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ty0604
I'll be doing the Southern Tier in 2017. It'll be my 6th long distance tour but my first across the south. Departing San Diego on February 15th and hoping to arrive into St. Augustine by May 1st. I'm going with one other rider at least. Still waiting to hear confirmation on a third rider due to a family situation they have. It'll be my first time touring with people I don't know for long periods of time. The Southern Tier was on my bucket list only because there's 10 states I haven't been to and the Southern Tier passes through 4 of them. New Mexico, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

Happy Touring!

I did Surfside Beach TX to Florida, then swung NE towards Charlotte NC. Great trip. I cannot stress enough how beautiful the Mississippi coast is! I highly suggest riding through the Bay St. Louis / Biloxi area if you don't plan to, the beaches there are breathtaking, especially at sunset. There's also a nice wide sidewalk / bike path that runs along the coast, so you can get off the roads for a while. Super flat terrain too, I was doing centuries every day that trip. Here's a photo from the area I'm talking about:

If you have any interest I made videos of each day of the trip, I can link you to a playlist of the ones relevant to your route.