View Single Post
Old 01-02-17, 09:28 PM
Fib

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
Yes, your original question about getting to 6-7 miles in 30 minutes. I mean, that's speedy. And if you want speed, you have to get aero. And to get aero, you have to get low.

So I'm suggesting, as I have read on this forum, that you get low and aero by making sure you're really bent over the bike as much as possible. Putting your seat up high and your bars down low really helps you get bent over which means you're really not in the wind very much which means you're quite aero which means you're going to be able to ride really fast.

Because let's face it, sometimes there's a schedule to keep, and sometimes "you ain't on their schedule", so you gotta ride fast.
Oh ok lol I actually didn't think about the position you had to be in on the bike to reach higher speeds. I honestly really don't wanna ride like that because it looks very uncomfortable. I may just have to find out how long it'll take me to get there in the position I prefer. But I'm kind of confused now, because the guy I know who rides his bike to school, sits in a like upright position and seems to probably go about as fast as I do (9-10mph), and he only lives about 5minutes from me (if you're driving a car) and he says it only takes about 20 minutes to get to the school on his bike from his house. I don't think his bike has gears either, but I was never really looking so I could be wrong. So I don't really get how he can be getting to a high enough speed if he sits upright, and still get there in like 20 minutes.