View Single Post
Old 01-05-17, 10:48 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
You need some of these ski gloves I have. Individual fingers, yet they're so warm that my hands are sweaty and the whole inside of the glove is wet if it's anything above the 20's.
On a related note regarding winter gloves and hand sweat:

I've found that my hands will sweat even when they're feeling incredibly cold. Being heavily insulated, my winter gloves then don't dry out after I've soaked them and they're still wet the next time I put them on. After a few weeks they develop an intense funk that even the washing machine won't remove. Had an embarrassing day at work a few years ago where people in the office were trying to figure out what was causing a strange smell, only to discover it was my gloves.

I've taken to wearing some disposable vinyl gloves I buy at Harbor Freight under my winter gloves. They don't keep my hands any warmer, but they certainly keep the gloves drier on the inside and thus prolongs the life of my gloves. Even this morning in sub-zero temps I was able to pour sweat out of the vinyl gloves after I arrived at work, even though my hands felt pretty cold while riding.