View Single Post
Old 01-06-17, 09:51 PM
reppans

Bikes: Brompton M6R, Specialized Tricross Comp, Ellsworth Isis, Dahon Speed P8

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Thanks guys, I'll be using a CX/gravel bike, so probably just have normal mounts (the Thorn Nomad looks much more HD!). I'm not concerned about the rack or bolts, as they are easily replaced, I would just hate to strip the braze-ons or something. I do have the option of up to 45mm tires, so can use a little lower pressure volume for suspension. I also want to get a frame bag for the heaviest wet weight - they seem to distribute weight evenly across the strong frame tubes, not to mention the best CoG location. Lastly, I always pack a LW backpack for overload, and can use it to shift some weight from the unsprung rack to my sprung body across the bad sections. I'll first see how it goes with my CX bike on gravel rail-trails and tow paths, next up will be to rig my full suspender MTB bikepacking style.

Good ideas on the long bolts, blue loctite, and nylock bolts (altough I don't have the cassette clearance). Bottom line is that I'm probably just being too paranoid - yeah I like to baby my toys. Good to hear you guys haven't had problems.

Last edited by reppans; 01-06-17 at 09:56 PM.