Old 01-07-17, 08:40 AM
Squeezebox
Banned.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigAura
Sure that's possible but it involves a support team at your beck-and-call. It's not quite the free-wheelin' solo style many of us prefer. Personally I've never met anyone on the road that actually does this. Mailing stuff home to yourself is not the same IMO. Bikes have gears & you've got muscles, use them.
Freewheelin' to me means traveling light without extra, useless, at the time, stuff that I need to carry and keep track of. I can depend on my sister, son, ex to to mail to me. Actually pretty easy.
I've heard that most post offices will forward an unopened box to another post office if you call and request.
I guess that being a bicycle hobo is a whole different situation, with no permanent address.

Doug64 You chose not to use mail drops, a little different than you could not. You have every right to make that decision.
I'm considering buying a 1 lb camp chair. There is a difference in what you can comfortably carry bikepacking vs backpacking. It would be comfy after a long day.
What's your heavy luxury item(s)?

Anybody want to post their gear list? If you do please mention anticipated weather.
Thanks!!

Last edited by Squeezebox; 01-07-17 at 09:04 AM.