Old 01-07-17, 09:35 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Originally Posted by bikiola
Thanks all again for your continued engagement :-)

I took a look at the VO Piolet, that really does look exciting.

I also like the Sequoia (I had no idea it existed; I think I'm not quite in the hype train vanguard and didn't realize, from some poking aroud, how popular this bike is on the web). But I really do think that I need to not have drops. I just took the LHT out for a ride yesterday and hated being in the drops. I think I'm all hoods now (on drop bars) or on flat bar. My troll's h-bars are pretty great, but sometimes they feel sluggish. I know I'm being picky, but still appreciate all the thoughts I'm reading here...

Does anyone have experience with the Soma Wolverine? That one also looks like it might be a nice hybrid "adventure" upright that I can confidently run unloaded and pretty zippy...
I would give it a try first. The stock LHT/DT bars aren't anything special and I was glad I replaced mine with Zipp Service Course SL 70 Ergo bars (and a shorter stem on my DT) and I am still happy to this day. I did like the Sequoia bars but I would like them to have the flat top section for comfort.

Drop bars however aren't always for everyone and you could probably get different bars and other Shimano Hydro levers (XT/XTR) and some Paul Thumbies and Bar ends and have a pretty rad set up. Plus you could then sell the bars and "brifters" for decent coin. Doesn't make a ton of sense but an option if you ended up loving the Sequoia like I do.