Thread: Goggles
View Single Post
Old 01-09-17, 08:46 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6 View Post
hey just wanted to get back to you. thanks for suggesting these. used them for the 1st time yesterday in our massive storm. overall I think they worked great. still had a small fogging / frosting issue but I have a plan to avoid that in the future
Glad they're working for you. Mine are doing great; now into my 2nd winter season with them.

There's a monster hill I ride down about 3/4 of a mile from my house and I reach it before I've ridden far enough to warm up. With my regular clear glasses I used to get the worst ice cream headache when I'd roll down that hill in extremely cold temps. I had a sub-zero commute every day last week and with the goggles the brain freeze on this hill has completely gone away.

As others have noted, I do still have some occasional fogging/icing issues below about -5F after I've ridden 6+ miles. Mostly just towards the top of the lens, and rarely enough to impede my vision. But nothing like the problems I used to have with my glasses where they would ice over so bad that I'd eventually have to remove them and go without.