Thread: Warmest gloves
View Single Post
Old 01-09-17, 09:18 AM
GrooveRite

Bikes: 2010 Rockhopper Expert Disc (26er)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Piece
I am a commuter utility cyclist. No big rides, mostly less than 25 miles or so, as cold as 13 degrees Fahrenheit. I have not found any type of fingered gloves that actually kept my hands warm.
I also ride a motorcycle and have same problem of keeping hands (mostly fingers) warm. Until I found Motion Heat heated glove liners. First off they are designed to keep fingers and top of hands warm, not the palm of your hand. They are rechargeable and each charge will last for several hours. Plus they are 12 volt, so when I ride motorcycle I can plug them into the 12 volt electrical system and leave the battery packs home. They are liners so they do need a decent set of water and wind resistant insulated outer gloves. I use a pair of medium weight Pearl Izumi's for the outer glove.
The setup works really well for me both on my bicycle, motorcycle and when I go for walks or work out in the cold.
The Motion Heat gloves will not keep or make your hands hot but they do a really good job of keeping them warm. It is a bit odd, but during the ride I do not notice my hands being cold, nor do I notice them being hot... just right.
Might be worth taking a look at https://bikedepot.com/heated-gloves-by-motionheat/
Nice find but $235.95 is quite pricey for gloves .....I'd rather spend that on boots.