Old 01-10-17, 06:49 AM
Reynolds 
Passista

Bikes: 1998 Pinarello Asolo, 1992 KHS Montaña pro, 1980 Raleigh DL-1, IGH Hybrid, IGH Utility

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 868 Post(s)
Liked 721 Times in 396 Posts
Originally Posted by cracemosa
I have used the higher end models by Busch und Müller for many years now, with a dynamo hub and now on an ebike. The daylight running lights they provide in their Licht 24 models are excellent. They consist of a group of LEDs under the main part, and those are not directed at the road, but shine brightly into all directions. They are very conspicous even on bright days, visible even when backlit by a setting or rising sun, and certainly in the shadows or on overcast days.
Not my experience. They are visible in low light situations, but not so much in bright sunlight.

The Busch und Müller line of lights are not at the cutting edge of LED- brightness, and they are not gimmicky. But they are very well engineered and very well made. Once carefully installed, and especially in combination with a decent dynamo hub, you can then completely forget about them. No hassle, they just work. For years and years.
Agree 100%

And because the daylight running light consists of those special, separate LEDs under the beam (s.a.), they work a lot better than just leaving your normal night time riding light on during the day.
On my Cyo Premium I don't see much difference between day and night modes, the main LED is still on in day (sensor) mode.