Old 01-10-17, 01:02 PM
jdms mvp

Bikes: nagasawa, fuji track pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronmcd
I'd like to know how this suddenly happened 2 years later. After what looks like a plateau. Tell me the secret!
Cliffs notes:

Cat 5 and Cat 4, i just rode around not doing any intervals. group rides yes, rode hard for KOM attempts sure, but nothing structured (didn't really know any better).

Cat 3 and onward, i had spoken to an e-friend of mine, who was a domestic pro in AUS and he set me up with some simple intervals that I did basically every week in conjuction with just more online trolling for research and workouts. That year it was about a 30w jump in 20min test, which i was super* motivated and in the same season i had decided to lose about 5-7 lbs extra. That was a game changer....

Cat2 and Cat1 power really didn't change much above cat 3, only noticed that I was able to rehe 330ish test level sooner in the season and other power duration benefited. Cat 2 was really motivated to get my upgrade, so i was doing 4-5 hour trainer weekend sessions here in MABRA while it was 15F outside, and imho was the perfect storm of others not training as much for early races. I got probably 25 of my 35 points within the first 4 race weekends, then in the summer everyone* was fast, so it too me a while to hunt the last of the points. In those same 4 race weekends as a Cat1, i probably amassed 5 points from placings. So i'm kinda 'lucky' it worked out for me when it did.