Old 01-12-17, 07:33 AM
jdms mvp

Bikes: nagasawa, fuji track pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tunic
What were the kinds of intervals you started working in as a Cat 3? That is a pretty serious jump. Do you remember your weekly hours at that time?
generalizing, i avg'd probably 10-12 hours all year round with the sprinkling lower volume weeks (before stage racing) which had no rhyme or reason, or reasons being out of the country. Each week was probably 2-3 intervals a week, while a 'rest' week although often 10-11 hours would be just riding around very easy and with friends. All inside and outside rides are on strava if u wanna basically take a week between like september 2014 and december 2015, that's usually what i'm doing all year around.
https://www.strava.com/athletes/103480#interval?interval=201507&interval_type=week&chart_type=hours&year_offset=1

also generally speaking, i was doing probably one (1min to 5 min workout) 'vo2' zone, one (20m to 1hr workout) sweet spot workout, and either one (8min to 15min workout) threshold or 'sprint' (30 sec and under workout) each week. Basically 2-3 of those 4 things was my go to each week. While indoors, sometimes i'd do one of those workouts at the end of a 4.5 hour trainer ride. That's how 'motivated' i was during my cat 2 season.

i must also add in, which i believe to have helped, as i was finishing up my cat 4 season the said aussie , told me to do basically 3x3x3@130% and 2x20@100% each week , and i did them for like 2 months, and i think that helped setup the cat3 decently.

Last edited by jdms mvp; 01-12-17 at 07:37 AM.