Old 01-13-17, 07:45 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,181 Times in 1,183 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadGuy
Many people are talking heads parroting what they have heard or read without any direct knowledge or proof. Most all brands have a few clunkers show up regardless of reputation or price/cost.

Does it fit, and do you have the knowledge and experience to know that it fits? If not, you need to take someone with you to look at the bike, and determine whether it will fit you, and what the condition of the bike really is.

I see a bike that has been slightly neglected, and probably in need a servicing. Unless there is something major wrong with it that requires replacement of major parts, it is most certainly worth more than $200 (unless you are a Flipper looking for dirt cheap bikes). The frame and the wheels will determine how much the bike is worth.

Shimano 600 Tricolor has a solid reputation, and you could get a set of matching brifters if you wanted. You can also get dual pivot brakes as both single pivot and dual pivot 600 brakes were available.
+1 on the above...I have had a CF allez since it was new and dropped it a few times, I still ride it. Those are facts..will this one fail, who knows? Have there been a significant of them that have failed...everything has a limit even steel. I have also had a campy rear drop that failed and had to be replaced...so lots of stories out there about "failures".
Check it out carefully and if you like what you see give it a try offer 200.00 then 250.00 if that's a no go and you like it, buy it.
We all take our chances with a used or repainted bike..just be careful.
JM2C's, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors