View Single Post
Old 01-18-17, 10:10 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4488 Post(s)
Liked 4,160 Times in 2,783 Posts
Originally Posted by BikeliciousBabe
Thank you! Nice to meet you! I'll check out that sleeping bag. We live next to Mountain Hardware with access to the company store so we can probably save a bundle! As for the sleeping pad... We don't use one! Neither of us gets cold enough and haven't found them necessary.

Love meeting a fellow vegan!
No problem, nice to meet you as well. Check it out, it is a swell bag. They make a ton of great stuff though I will say their gloves could use some larger sizing.

I wish Arc'teryx made their Atom series as a top end sleeping bag. At my old work place it was basically part of the uniform because it was such an awesome jacket. Heck I think one of our employees had two or three different ones (a vest and two jackets LT and SV) or if Sea To Summit would put some synthetic bags on the market. They make some über light stuff using exploitation but talking to Barry (their rep and also Ask Boz) when he came by the shop I frequently mentioned they should go for a synth bag.

Surprised that you don't like sleeping pads, my back can't handle without it. That is why I love hammocks so much. Pads are also so crucial for insulating so maybe you could take a warmer weather bag.