Old 01-20-17, 12:19 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18420 Post(s)
Liked 15,564 Times in 7,333 Posts
FYI...Here is preliminary, incomplete snapshot of what I plan to spend during my planned tour, which starts with me flying to Missoula on June 12th (the route has me spending two nights in Idaho):

~$80 for two nights at the local KOA (including one breakfast)
$84 for at least three nights (possibly four, for $112 total) at three separate state parks (includes $10 each night because I am out of state)
~$28 for two cab rides to and from the airport
$80 at REI for re-assembly and boxing of my bike (plus, I will buy camp fuel for my stove and probably a few other little items like Cliff Bars)
$24 for a tent site at a private campground in St. Regis.
~$45 in fees for three nights at three separate U.S.F.S. campgrounds in the state, which fees support the maintenance of those campgrounds.
$10 for a tent site at the volunteer firemen's park in Libby.

The above amounts do not include all the money I will spend on food. I usually buy prepared lunches from local establishment. I also often eat out for breakfast. Dinner is typically cooked with ingredients bought from local markets. I estimate that, between snacks, meals and groceries, my food budget runs around $30/day. That's another $360 for the 12 days on the road (doesn't include dinner the day upon arrival and dinner the day before I fly out).