View Single Post
Old 01-22-17, 09:32 AM
sh00k

Bikes: 2011 Trek FX 7.3 | 2015 Trek FX 7.4 | Lotus Classique

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
In before wtf is up with your stem/handle bars.

I bought this 2016 emonda sl6 back in august and have not ridden it a ton. The reason is because the bike is a little too aggressive than what i'm used to. I've been riding various Trek fx hybrid bikes for several years for fitness. I do not race, do not wear biking gear, just shorts/tshirt and running shoes. I am 6'1", 210 lbs and the bike is a 60cm. My arms/legs are long.

I did not like the feeling of kneeing myself in the stomach going for a leisurly ride around my neighborhood. i would literally come back from a ride and i would feel like my stomach was punched several times haha

So I went a little extreme and ordered a bontrager elite stem - 25 degrees and 75mm long.

I took it for a spin today (only 3 miles) and I am now in love with the bike It is a hell of a lot more comfortable. i am more upright now but not a considerable amount - enough so that my weight is on the saddle. With the stock stem, it felt like all of weight was on my arms and forearms. I would be fatigued after a short ride and i knew i could not ride like this.

But I digress. Pics are below. The weather is warmer today than usual so I may go out for another spin later. This bike truly flies.

@ColonelSanders

Last edited by sh00k; 01-23-17 at 07:52 AM.
Likes For sh00k: