Panza
Keep calm, Cycle on

Bikes: Pinarello F8, Bianchi ∞, Colnago SS, Niner MTB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmthom.gis
Cool bike! Now get out there and ride! Like you, I'm firmly in the skill development faze. A few bumps, scratches, and bruises aren't permanent at least...
I've just been practicing in my backyard and I can say it's really... hard. I have fallen a several times today "practicing"... I can't hold a trackstand yet.

I've manual'ed a few times but it felt like a ton of effort. The seat always feels like it's in the way but I don't want to blame it. My best manual that I held for more than 15ft was because I purposefully tried to loop the bike. I couldn't.

I'm scared to ram the seatpost with my crotch and haven't been able to bunny hop yet.

Originally Posted by bikeme
Congrats! That is an awesome bike. My buddy rides an Intense similar to that geo and travel and also XC races on it. He bombs down the descents compared to guys on pure XC rigs. And, yes a dropper post is an easy and fun thing to have on a bike. I have a f/s XC bike with one and it's worth the extra 1/2 pound. Have fun!!!
I think I really will try XC with it. I really enjoy CX so I think I'd enjoy XC as well : )

Last edited by Panza; 01-24-17 at 09:35 AM.