View Single Post
Old 01-23-17, 11:25 PM
calamarichris
Banned.

Bikes: '09 Felt F55, '84 Masi Cran Criterium, (2)'86 Schwinn Pelotons, '86 Look Equippe Hinault, '09 Globe Live 3 (dogtaxi), '94 Greg Lemond, '99 GT Pulse Kinesis

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 153 Posts
Heh, thanks. Only wish I'd finished it back in July 2016 when Dennis Christopher (aka Dave Stoller) was here in Carlsbad for Masi's 90th Anniversary celebration. There was an awesome Masi museum, Dennis Christopher signed my Masi book, and the ride the next day was made the museum look like a pile-a-puke. So many beautiful old bikes!

Heh--Mr. Christoper tried to act coy, when I asked him to sign my book "Live Long and Prosper"... his face wrinkled up in disgust: "Are you some sort of Trekkie?"
Nice try, Dennis. I know you've been in at least two Star Trek episodes.

He was a really kind, sweet human being. Everyone was so awesome that weekend, I was almost glad I didn't have this Masi there to distract me.

Edit: HERE ARE A FEW PICS from the Masi Display, but sadly we were running late for the ride and I forgot my camera, because about 200 Masisti came from all over the country, Europe and Asia with their Masis--THAT was the real show. And we met at Campagnolo North America's Headquarters (which I was astounded to learn is about 3 miles from my home?!?!)

Last edited by calamarichris; 01-23-17 at 11:37 PM.