View Single Post
Old 01-26-17, 04:27 PM
FrankHudson

Bikes: Five active bikes: 1983 Diamondback RidgeRunner (early production mountain bike), 1951 Raleigh Sports 3spd, 2012 Novara Safari, 2013 Schwinn 411 IGH, 2016 Jamis Roughneck Fatbike; plus a Trek T900 tandem shared with the family

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
None of my "vintage" guitars are fancy. Here's a late '60s or perhaps early '70s bass that has never had a name. From it's details it looks like Japanese instruments that were often branded Teisco in the US, and a Google Image search finds a slightly similar model sold under the Marlin nameplate in the UK.

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/ple...n-bass.856234/

As someone said up-thread, guitars like these are the equivalent of gas-crisis gas-pipe bikes, but that doesn't mean they can't have their charm.

I got this bass in trade in the early 80s from Dean Seal who played bass in my band in trade for another cheapo bass that I had that he had taken a liking to. A year or so back I decided to play more bass and actually began to use it. Funny thing: it actually sounds pretty good. The pickups are a little hotter than a Fender Jazz bass and their position gives it a fairly warm sound.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Dean Seal Bass SMALLER.jpg (97.1 KB, 406 views)

Last edited by FrankHudson; 01-26-17 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo