Old 01-28-17, 09:33 AM
dweenk

Bikes: Lots of English 3-speeds, a couple of old road bikes, 3 mountain bikes, 1 hybrid, and a couple of mash-ups

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 225 Posts
Saved from the river

My wife and I were walking in a park near our house this AM when she spotted a pair of handlebars on the riverbank. I grabbed the bars and pulled a bike frame from the mud. It was hard to identify due to all of the crud, but it was obviously a decent older mountain bike. The wheels, RD & shifter, seat post, and pedals were missing.

I carried it home, called the police, and cleaned it up enough to identify it. It was a 1985 Giant built Schwinn High Sierra painted Sahara Bronze/Sable. The FD was the original Suntour XC and it had the cool SR "slingshot" stem. About the time I had identified it an officer came by to follow up on my report. He radioed in the serial number, and while he was explaining to me that they no longer take and store found bicycles, his dispatch called him to say that the bike had been reported as stolen.

I helped him load the muddy thing into the back seat of his cruiser. My total time of possession was about 45 minutes; but someone is going to get their bike back. Here is what it must have looked like before it was stolen.
Attached Images

Last edited by dweenk; 01-28-17 at 10:01 AM.