View Single Post
Old 01-28-17, 10:52 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Lynskeyman
he started it, so since youre obviously friends why not both of you leave first?
Don't worry about those guys, they're like that, they start issues then call you a troll when it's obviously they were trolling first. There's quite a few of these here, not a real friendly place by some.

I own a Lynskey myself, a Peloton, a great bike.

By the way, I'm not so sure I would buy a bike from Ikea either. You mentioned poor quality "wood" components, I concur, I've been to one of their warehouses and the "wood" stuff is nothing more then laminated paper covering that is easily marred which leaves the particle board exposed underneath it and it will look nasty, this is the same sort of crap you find at Walmart, Ashley Furniture and other low end furniture places.

I did have a friend who equipped his kitchen with Ikea appliances because he liked the look of the stuff, but found out after the refrigerator started to break about 5 years later the stuff was made by Whirlpool and and the tech said it was low end Whirlpool components dressed up on the outside and inside to make it look good, and they do look really nice. He also shortly after the frig failed the pump failed on his dishwasher and couldn't get the part even though Whirlpool made it as well. Needless to say my friend will never buy from Ikea again even though the stove top seemed to be just fine so far after 7 or 8 years. What's weird is this is the only person I know that bought appliances from Ikea, they don't seem to be real popular.

The bike thing, I don't know, I haven't seen one in person but in the pictures it looks clunky and junky for $499, I think a person could do far better than that for the price of the Ikea bike.

Last edited by rekmeyata; 01-28-17 at 11:04 PM.