Old 02-03-17, 03:04 PM
cellery

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by drlogik
My opinion....

Both are in the wrong to varying degrees. If one encounters a situation like this it is best to not escalate. Ignore and get out of the way...or go the opposite way if threatened. If it were me, I would have gone up on the sidewalk and stopped, waited and then see what the motorist did. If he came at me in a threatening manner and I hadn't done anything then it is get out of there while dialing 911 with the GoPro rolling.

That rider (maybe) had no idea what that driver was going to do, unless of course they have a "history". What good comes from losing your cool, cussing, etc? None.

-
I'm sorry but in hindsight we would all say this. People lose their cool specifically because it is happening at that time. I'm sure an experienced cyclist doesn't need to be told "well uh next time just don't lose your cool ok?". Without the hindsight to know what kind of crazy **** is possibly trying to hit and kill me with their car, I am probably going to lose my cool too - despite telling myself many times before just to hold my line, wave and smile as someone is maybe going to crush my skull in.

Besides, I used to try the cool and calm method; until I realized that incompetent drivers who may be inadvertently running into me require some sort of freakout on my part to become aware of it. Happens all the time. With some practice, I have developed a blood curdling yell that can be heard through the closed windows of a late model lexus.

Last edited by cellery; 02-03-17 at 03:09 PM.