bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by nun
I'm a stuffer too.

My morning routine is to wipe the tent down to get off any dew. I go to the shower blocks and by the time I'm back the early morning sun has usually dried the fly. Then I take the tent down and wipe the bathtub floor if it needs it. Then I stuff the tent fly into a compression sack and put the poles and pegs in the bottom of my saddlebag and the tent on top next to my sleeping bag....also in a compression sack. If the tent is damp I'll spread it out at lunchtime.

Other damp items I sometimes have are clothes and I will drape then over my saddlebag and handle bar bag to dry while I ride. The D rings I sewed onto my saddlebag so I can attach a strap are great for drying damp socks.

I'm curious how that camper long flap works without any support. Do your legs rub against it? The weight isn't bad. It's around a kilogram but you don't need a rear rack and saves much of the weight of the bag. Plus that flap extension seems ideal for a wet tent. How much of a pita is it to remove or do you just leave it on the bike when you camp?