Old 02-07-17, 01:31 PM
Flamme Rouge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This thread has a very high humor value to me. At first I thought the OP might be trolling, but now I think he's serious. I also think he's working on "confirmation bias", hoping the forum will endorse his plan. At no point do/did I get the impression he actually wanted legitimate feedback. Moral laxity seems to be an ailment of our times, so I don't care one way or the other about his entry. I do care, however, about having fun on the bike.

When I rode my first 1200, my longest previous ride was a 400 (yes, I got an exception). I was a reasonably fast, strong rider very comfortable riding double centuries (<12 hours for mountainous routes). I suffered badly on the 1200 but I finished mostly due to: a lifetime of cycling, 42-year old body, and great volunteers. I was physically wrecked by the end.

Whether you ride a RUSA SR or not, there is no substitute for doing the work. Your body gets used to the stress of riding 750+ miles in a little less than 4 days. You learn to eat, anticipate problems, sort equipment, dress, keep moving, etc.

Good luck, dude, whatever you decide. Just quit being defensive when people here offer sound advice that you (apparently) don't want to hear.

PS - My 2c says you don't finish in the time limit.

Last edited by Flamme Rouge; 02-07-17 at 01:43 PM.