Old 02-07-17, 03:59 PM
Gyro

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 98 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Pops1959
Back in the late 60s... 1969 I think it was, I had a friend who had a back yard that quite long and had quite a slope to it. They had concrete steps that went from their house to the end of the yard. I got the bright idea of riding my Schwinn Stingray down those steps. About mid way i slipped forward off the banana seat and basically smashed my nuts on the top tube. The pain was... well, it was bad. Once I was able to get up I had to waddle down the rest of the steps to retrieve my bike and waddle home with it. It wasn't pretty. Spent a week with ice bags to get the swelling down. Of course kids are rather vicious at that age and I was the laughing stock of the neighborhood for the rest of the summer. Oddly enough, not long ago I looked on Google Earth and that house, along with those steps is still there. I zoomed in and I swear that saw those steps looking back at me and snickering.
Not to distracted from your story about crushed nuts. My friend when we were kids had unbeknownst to him, handled poison ivy. Before he found out he transferred it to his privates. Think of the 'elephant man' if you wondered what they looked like for a time.