Old 12-17-05, 08:23 PM
fordfasterr
One speed: FAST !

Bikes: Ebay Bikes... =)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I picked up a $37. special @ the local thrift store.

Updated final pics:

It is an older model schwinn. It included all shimano shift hardware (removed) + Sugino 3pc Crank & Araya wheels...

Then I took a trip to the LBS and picked up 2 new inner-tubes & tires..... These are the older 27 inch ARAYA wheels so I had to get older stuff that they only had left overs-of ... + some grip tape for the bars..

I dissassembled all of the hubs and cleaned/lubed the bearings using some sythetic bearing grease I had lying around... WOOT !! Next I have to remove the BB and the fork bearing things and lube them up as well ...

So, I installed the new wally-mart chain and sized it to fit and it was almost perefect, but it would not tighten up properly, I looked closely at the drop-outs and I realized that the cog side only had 1/2 inch of spacing whereas the other side had 1 full inch.. I could not move it any further back, so I pulled out my handy Dewalt angle grinder and engaged in some cromo carnage to enlarge the slot.. so, after tweaking it a bit, I was able to properly tension the chain and all was well..

Now, I just need to get a hold of a regular track hub/sprocket & wheel and I'm set !!!

pics........ (not so good, took them with a camera phone...

Last edited by fordfasterr; 12-22-05 at 10:18 AM.