once a runner

Bikes: n+1

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by valygrl
sheibo, great racing!

But - that word "honest" -- watch your thought process on that. not everyone is as strong as you, and people will win in whatever way they can win. There isn't really a way that is better, winning solo is fun, but it's also fun to win by being tactically astute. Conserving one's strength in order to use it at the correct moment is not dishonest.

Since you are strong enough to ride away from the pack now, if you eschew tactics as "dishonst" you will be in world of hurt when you rise to the level where you need both brains and strength to compete. use your time in the 4s and 3s to learn, or when you are a 2 you will be that guy who doesn't know how to race.
Sorry, by calling it 'honest' I just meant 'faster average pace'. It's very common parlance in running where fans love to complain about races like the 1500m at the Olympics this year which was won in a time slower than my PR (for example). And all I was implying is that the whole field can chase attacks when we're averaging 21mph vs when we're actually going 25mph+. I definitely respect savvy racers, and if you look at my other race reports I've at least been trying (poorly) to be be one.